YOUTH EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP (Y.E.S)
TERMS: The LULAC State Board will award scholarships to qualified students who are enrolled or are planning to enroll in accredited colleges or universities in the United States by March 31st.. Awards will be distributed at the beginning of the fall quarter/semester with proof of class enrollment or as soon as the student shows proof of being enrolled in classes for the fall quarter/semester.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- Applicants must be a S. citizen, legal permanent resident, be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), or be eligible for California Assembly Bill 540.
- Must have been accepted to or be enrolled as a full-time student in a college or university, including 2-year colleges that lead to an associate’s Graduate students must have been accepted to or be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student in a college or university. Applicants must reside in California to be considered for the scholarship
General Awards ($250 to $1,000)
Grades and academic performance will serve as indicators; however, emphasis may be placed on the individual’s motivation, sincerity, and integrity, which can best be revealed through a personal interview and in the personal essay. Need, community involvement, and leadership activities will also be considered. Applicants will be notified if awarded by mid-May.
Applicants must submit the following application by March 31st in order to be considered for a LULAC scholarship:
- Completed and signed Y.E.S application form
- High school or college transcript, including cumulative GPA
- Verification of admittance or enrollment from the institution the student is attending or planning to attend (i.e. – letter of acceptance, letter from the registrar, or a transcript),
- Typed personal essay of not more than 450 words
- Summit application scanned and signed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to P.O Box 1362 Camarillo, CA 93011-1362